- Zinc powder is insoluble in water but soluble in acid, alkali and ammonia water.
- Has strong performance of reducing action and it can releases hydrogen in the reaction with acid or alkali.
- Is easy to form lumps due to dampness. It is easy to produce white basic carbonate on its surface in the wet air, but stable in the dry air.
- Bruning issue of blue green flame, accompanied by combustion of zinc oxide.
Usage of Zinc Powder:
- Zinc powder is the main raw materials of paint,
- Coating and chemical products such as sodium zincate, zinc oxide as well as the reducing agent in organic synthesis.
- Besides, zinc powder is widely used in metallurgical industry (electrolytic zinc), battery industry as well as pesticide, feed, dyestuff and manufacturing industry.